Based on the famous TV series, Cilla – The Musical follows the career of one of Britain’s most loved entertainers.
Bob Tomson and Bill Kenwright direct the production from BAFTA award winner Jeff Pope, with Robert Willis serving as executive producer.
Tickets are on sale now for the musical that is captivating audiences all over the UK.
The production will be touring through the end of 2017 and into 2018, with stops in: Manchester, York, Chester, Bristol, Dublin, Norwich, Nottingham, Aylesbury and more.
The show is a musical adaptation of the critically-acclaimed series on ITV based on the life of Cilla Black. The musical was created by Jeff Pope, BAFTA winner known for Philomena, The Moorside, Mrs Biggs and From The Cradle To The Grave.
Cilla – The Musical stars Kara Lily Hayworth, who trained at the Central School of Speech and Drama. This is Kara’s first leading role in a major musical. Her recent theatre credits include Moulin Rouge (Secret Cinema).
Cast members include:
- Carl Au as Bobby. Carl is best known for his role as Barry Barry in Waterloo Road. His stage credits include Peter Pan, Aladdin, Her Benny, A Christmas Carol, Bells are Ringing, Jersey Boys, Lost Sitcoms and Bright Phoenix.
- Andrew Lancel as Brian Epstein. Actor, producer and director, Andrew is best known for his appearances on Coronation Street and Cardiac Arrest. His theatre credits include Epstein – The Man Who Made the Beatles, The Small Hand and Twelve Angry Men.
- Pauline Fleming as Big Cilla. Pauline was trained at the Elliot Clarke School of Dance and Drama. Her theatre credits include Twelfth Night and Chorus of Disapproval.
- Neil MacDonald as John White. Trained at Act up North, Neil has had an extensive career on stage. His theatre credits include Deadly Desperation, Aladdin, Body and Soul, Closing Time, Smiles, Our Eddie and Avaritia.
- Tom Dunlea as Jonny Hutchinson. Tom is best known for his role in Hutch.
Other cast members include:
- Billie Hardy as Pat
- Gemma Brodrick-Bower as Pauline
- Bill Caple as Ringo Starr
- Joshua Gannon as Paul McCartney/Denny Doherty
- Tom Christian as Kenny Willis
- Amy Bridges as Rose Willis
- Michael Hawkins as John Lennon
- Alan Howell as Gerry Marsden
- Jay Osborne as Adrian Barber
- Alex Harford as George Harrison
- Will Kinnon as Daniel
- Tom Sowinski as George Martin
- Christopher Weeks as John Gustafson
- The show’s creatives include:
- Bill Kenwright as director
- Bob Tomson as co-director
- Carole Todd as choreographer
- Gary Mc Cann as designer
- Nick Richings as lighting designer
- Dan Samson as sound designer
- Richard Mawbey as wigs designer
- Scott Alder as musical director
- Gary Hickeson as music producer