Based on the 2009 film, Nativity! The Musical has been adapted for the stage in a production written and directed by Debbie Isitt.
The story follows a teacher, Mr. Maddens, and his assistant, Mr. Poppy, at St. Bernadettes primary school. The two are creating a musical adaptation of the nativity and have promised students that the production will be turned into a Hollywood movie.
The show features some of the most-loved songs from the film, including “One Night One Moment,” “Sparkle and Shine,” “She’s The Brightest Star,” and “Nazareth.”
The feel-good, funny show features a cast of West End favorites, including:
- Daniel Boys as Paul Maddens. Daniel was a contestant on Any Dream Will Do, and has appeared in several musicals, including Peter Pan, Avenue Q and Spamalot.
- Sarah Earnshaw as Jennifer Lore. Sarah made her West End debut in 2006 as an understudy in the original Wicked cast in London. Her other theatre credits include Spamalot, Alice in Wonderland, Dan Leno, After The Turn, Dusty and Only The Brave.
- Simon Lipkin as Mr. Poppy. Trained at the Sylvia Young Theatre School, Simon’s theatre credits include Assassins, The Wind In The Willows, Honeymoon in Las Vegas, The Lorax, The Wedding Singer, Alice in Wonderland and Never the Sinner.
- Andy Brady as Gordon Shakespeare. Andy trained at Mountainview Theatre School. His theatre credits include Dracula, Romeo & Juliet, Hair, That Day We Sang, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Bouncers and Deadly Nightcap.
- Jemma Churchill as Mrs. Bevan. Jemma trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Her theatre credits include Cinderella, The Good Mother, Loves a Luxury, Hungry, Breaking The Code, Hamlet, Having a Ball and more. She has also appeared in the TV shows Call the Midwife, Agatha Raisin, Upstairs Downstairs and Waterloo Road.
- Jamie Chapman as Patrick Burns. Jamie trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. His theatre credits include FeelGood, Hansel & Gretel, Neville’s Island, Time and the Conways, Man & Superman and A Chip in the Sugar.
- Pepper as Crackers. The only four-legged friend on stage. Pepper is a three-year-old pup that loves to be in the spotlight and on stage. Her second love is modeling.
Nativity! The Musical will be touring the UK from October through early January, with stops at Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Southend Cliffs, Sheffield Lyceum Theatre, Manchester Palace Theatre, Plymouth Theatre Royal Plymouth, Eventim Apollo and Leeds Grand Theatre. Tickets are on sale now.