Starring Ria Jones and Danny Mac, Sunset Boulevard is touring the UK, with stops in Manchester, Dublin, Birmingham, Bristol, Aberdeen, Southend, Woking, Bradford, Sheffield, Canterbury and more.
The Tony Award-winning show from Andrew Lloyd Webber is a tale of obsession and romance, and based on the iconic Billy Wilder film.
Star Ria Jones received a standing ovation every evening at the London Coliseum for her performance as Norma Desmond. Danny Mac, known for his role in Strictly Come Dancing, plays alongside Jones as Joe Gillis.
Faded silent-screen star Norma Desmond lives in her own fantasy world. Joe Gillis, a starving screen writer who is running from debt collectors, finds himself immersed in her world. Norma persuades him to write a script that she believes will revive her career. Joe gets trapped in her world until he falls in love with another woman. His love pulls him out of the dream world, but his leaving has dramatic consequences.
The production features the show’s beloved scores “With One Look,” “Sunset Boulevard,” “The Perfect Year,” and “The Greatest Star of All.”
Sunset Boulevard first debuted in 1993 in London, and has enjoyed extensive touring and long runs around the world.
The show’s cast includes:
- Ria Jones as Norma Desmond. Ria has made appearances on television, theatre and radio. Her theatre credits include Jerrys Girls, 42nd Street, West End Women, Anything Goes, Witches of Eastwick, Next to Normal, and Chess. She has made appearances on Torchwood, Showstoppers and Magic of the Musicals.
- Danny Mac as Joe Gillis. Danny first made waves in 2016 during his incredible stint on Strictly Come Dancing. He broke records with his Samba, and made it all the way to the finals. He has also appeared in Olivier, Wicked and Legally Blonde.
- Molly Lynch as Betty Schaefer. Molly trained at the Cork School of Music and the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama. Her theatre credits include Fiddler on the Roof and Sweeney Todd.
- Adam Pearce as Max Von Meyerling. Adam trained at the Guildford School of Acting and the National Youth Music Theatre. His theatre credits include Love Never Dies, The Light Princess, Aladdin, Urinetown and Sweeney Todd.
- Dougie Carter as Artie Green. Dougie’s theatre credits include Alice, La Cage aux Folles, Les Miserables and The Jungle Book.
- Carl Sanderson as Cecil B. DeMille. Carl’s theatre credits include 42nd Street, My Fair Lady, Crazy for You, The Parson’s Pirates, Ragtime, The Mikado and Cats.
- Bernadette Bangura as Jean. Bernadette trained at the Guildford School of Acting. Her theatre credits include Ragtime, The Frogs, and The Colour Purple.